“Fall seven times and stand up eight”—Japanese Proverb
Resilient people are like emotional rubber bands—stretched to the limit by life, without ultimately breaking, who eventually bounce back into something that resembles their previous shape. The ability to be resilient is a skill highly linked with emotional intelligence—to understand, name and respond effectively to your emotions. The good news, is that resilience can be a skill you learn and build.
If you fall down, remember these quotes to help you get back up again!
- No one ever won a chess game by betting on each move. Sometimes you have to move backward to get a step forward. –Amar Gopal Bose
- Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. – Charles Swindoll
- When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. – Henry Ford
- It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.– Charles Darwin
- The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” ― Nelson Mandela
- Life is like riding a bicycle, in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.– Albert Einstein
- In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. – Bill Cosby
- A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. – Albert Einstein
- Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness. – Oprah Winfrey
- I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship – Louisa May Alcott
Remember that you should gain more skills and competencies in order to achieve continuous success.